Sunday, May 12, 2013

SUCCESSFUL SELLING IN TODAY'S ECONOMY

In my position as an advisor and consultant to the BSC industry, the one question I get asked most often, BY FAR, is "how can I increase my sales"? No other questions even comes close. And in recent years, with the United States economy in a slow growth or no growth state, the question comes even more frequently and many times with a sense of urgency. After 50 plus years in the business, I've made enough mistakes so I've learned a lot about what doesn't work and what does. I wish I had the dollars back for all the things I tried that did not work but I also reaped substantial rewards on those systems and processes that did work so I have no complaints.

At the risk of sounding to commercial, I want to alert you to a Successful Selling workshop we will be doing in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 29, 2013 conducted as a BSCAI regional seminar.  It will run from 8:45 AM until 12:30 PM.  Some of you may be aware that I wrote a book a few years ago entitled, Selling Contract Cleaning Services. That book will be used as a general outline for the workshop with the emphasis on the following topics,

1. Determining which accounts to pursue

2. Creating and maintaining a prospect list

3. Eight ways to go to market and which ones are most effective

4. Conducting an effective building walkthrough

5. Components of a successful sales proposal

6. How to close the sale

We'll be showing actual successful mailings that we did, an actual proposal, and forms that may be helpful in doing the walkthrough and computing the proposal price. These helped us a great deal and we will be sharing them in a way that attendees can begin a profitable sales process immediately upon returning home. Incidentally, BSCAI has graciously agreed to provide each attendee a copy of our book at the close of the workshop.

In addition, Jean Hanson, Co-founder of the Janitorial Store, will be providing a special session on social media selling. I have previewed this and she does an outstanding job on presenting the information. Jean is always a popular and effective presenter and this time is no exception.

Now, who from your company should attend such a workshop?

Professional BSC sales people who are interested in reaching those hard to see prospects. The techniques discussed in this workshop GET YOU IN THE DOOR.

Owners who double as a sales person and CEO. These processes will help you make the most effective use of your busy schedule. You talk only to those who can reasonably be expected to buy your service.

Operations people who are responsible for finding new customers in their area.

I have a lot of fun conducting these workshops and BSCAI has priced the half day get together very reasonable. It's even a better deal if you are a BSCAI member.  I encourage you to go to their web site at www.bscai.org and complete your registration. They have indicated the registration information will be up on their site this week so if you don't find it immediately, check back the next day. I have talked with so many of you via the telephone or internet and hope that I finally get to meet some of you in person. It should be a fun half day learning experience.

So mark Omaha, Nebraska on your calendar for June 29. We'll both be glad you did.

By the way, don't forget to check out our FREE pod cast at www.tripodcast.com. This week Guy Hignite with Sprint is our special guest.

No comments: