As we enter a new year it seems like most of us always have a few things we want to do different that will change our life in some way. Our businesses are no different and we usually start out with a full head of steam but for many that steam runs out very quickly. Something happens and we revert back to our old ways.
I thought it might be interesting to rely on our old friend Zig Ziglar to provide us with some phrases and thoughts for starting a new year. I will post several of them in hopes that you will take the one(s) that catch your thinking and post it where you can see it all year long to prop you up when the going gets a bit tough. Here goes Zig,
1. Your business is never really good or bad "out there." Your business is either good or bad right between your own two ears.
2. The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job.
3. It is easy to get to the top after you get through the crowd at the bottom.
4. The most practical, beautiful, workable philosophy in the world won't work, if you won't work.
5. Obviously there is little you can learn from doing nothing.
6. You must manage yourself before you can lead someone else.
7. Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off our goals.
8. Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have 24 hour days.
9. Remember, you can earn more money, but when time is spent it is gone forever.
10. Failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night.
11. If people like you they will listen to you, but if they trust you they will do business with you.
12. Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.
13. Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.
14. Success is not measured by what you do compared to what others do, it is measured by what you do with the ability God gave you.
15. Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember---the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.
16. Remember there is plenty of room at the top---but not enough to sit down.
17.The price of success is much lower than the price of failure.
18. Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give them yours.
19. You don't drown by falling in water. You only drown if you stay there.
20. Kids go where there is excitement. They stay where there is love.
So there you have 20 of Zig Ziglar's sayings. There are many more. Which one(s) struck a cord with you? If any did, why not print them, frame them and put them on a wall where you can see them all of the time to remind you that you can attain success.
I wish you a wonderful, successful 2017. Don't forget to watch our weekly pod cast at www.Kleancast.com or you tube at kleancast.